HAVE AN ENROLLMENT NEED? SHOP OUR PLANS
Get Health Insurance Coverage
Find individual and family health insurance plans that are right for you with WellCare of North Carolina. You’re covered on Essential Health Benefits, plus additional health and wellness benefits to help you get the most out of your plan. Learn more about our health insurance plans for individuals and families below.
- Have an enrollment need?
- Shop Our Plans at Healthcare.gov.
- Already a WellCare of North Carolina member?
- Reliable Health Insurance for Individuals and Families
- If you’re looking to enroll in health insurance, WellCare of North Carolina can help you learn more about insurance coverage that is right for you and your family. We’re here to support you and help you learn what you need to enroll in health insurance with WellCare of North Carolina.
- Affordable Health Insurance Plans
- Your health is important to us. With WellCare of North Carolina, you have access to affordable, quality care with our plan options.
- There are three levels of WellCare of North Carolina health insurance plans: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Depending on your needs and what you want to pay monthly or for out-of-pocket costs, there is a plan for you. Learn more about our plans and options at Healthcare.gov.
- Understanding Health Insurance
- Not sure where to start? WellCare of North Carolina is here to help. Learn more about health insurance so you can make an informed decision about what plan is best for you.
- If you need additional help, please contact the WellCare of North Carolina team at 1-833-925-2861. Or, go to Healthcare.gov.
- Managing Health Insurance Costs
- There is more than one way to lower the cost of your health insurance plan, like premium payment assistance or cost-sharing reductions. In some cases, you might be eligible for both. Visit Healthcare.gov.
- What is Open Enrollment?
- Each year there is a fixed period when you can enroll in a health insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace (also known as an exchange). This is referred to as Open Enrollment. For most states, Open Enrollment begins on November 1st and ends on December 15th annually, but may vary by state. WellCare of North Carolina offers a variety of affordable options to help fit your needs and budget.
- Shop now at Healthcare.gov.
- What is Special Enrollment?
- If you missed the Open Enrollment period and recently experienced a major life change, also referred to as a Qualifying Life Event, you could be eligible for a new health insurance plan. This is known as a Special Enrollment Period. Learn more and see a list of Qualifying Life Events and Plan Options by visiting Healthcare.gov.
- What is the difference between the Health Insurance Marketplace and COBRA?
- If you’ve been faced with a major life change that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period, it’s important to find the best option to keep your health insurance coverage. Plans available through the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM) offer an affordable alternative to the traditional option, COBRA. Find out more about the advantages of choosing a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace by visiting Healthcare.gov.
- Using Your WellCare of North Carolina Benefits
- After you enroll in a WellCare of North Carolina health insurance plan, you’ll have access to benefits like our 24/7 Nurse Advice Line.
Ready to Look for Health Insurance Plans? Go now to Healthcare.gov.